Design & Production Manager - Full time
This role involves the development of products. You will be working closely with the Head Designer & Production Team to turn ideas & concepts into the final products on the BabybooFashion.com website.
Role: (Not limited to)
- Managing a team of production coordinators and designers and garment technicians
- Managing the costing and critical path to ensure all collections are on-time
- Building strong and genuine relationships with offshore suppliers to maintain the respect for the brand
- Oversee the negotiation and confirmation of all orders and improve margins
- Sourcing new manufacturers
- Liaise with the heads of marketing, customer service, warehouse and logistics teams to ensure all matters related to product are communicated effectively
- Ensure all products meet the highest quality standard and reduce faulty and returns rate
- Following the development of mid to high complexity styles within the range from initial design allocation through to production sign off.
- Capacity planning and forecasting with factories to enable delivery date requirements to be met
- Working closely with merchandising and marketing departments to review calendar regularly and plan accordingly
- Provide regular reporting to the directors
- Train and mentor team members, developing consistency of work at all team levels
- Motivate and lead the team to major wins
- Identify and implement efficient ways of working
- Manage performance reviews and objective setting for all team members
- Develop development strategy and priorities for business leads.
- Technical CAD drawings of new designs & concepts.
- Creation & Updating of storyboards / mood boards/ style sheets /Colour Palettes
- Trend research & presentation of design concepts to Head Designer
- Managing design development from initial concept and sourcing all the way to finished sample product.
- Chasing & tracking all samples daily with suppliers
- Ensuring products are developed to meet design, technical and quality standards
- Developing & updating, spec sheets, tech-packs from initial design stages to completion
- Plan and forecast time lines and critical paths for sample collections and production
- Monitoring production timeframes and deadlines
- Liaising with overseas suppliers & factories on a daily basis
- Assisting with the Coordination of deliveries
- Maintaining quality through in-house QC
- Communication between multiple factories
- Overcoming any & all production/ design situations.
- Ability to drive & motivate the design & production team.
- Sample organisation & arrangement
- Maintaining the brands image & style
- Source new suppliers, fabric, trim & accessory required for new development.
- Minimum 2 years management experience in a similar, large fashion company
- Passionate about the brand and for taking it to the next level
- Ability to prioritise, manage multiple deadlines and cope with heavy workloads
- Excellent organisation and time management skills while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- A natural leader with strong people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical understanding of garment construction and knowledge of fabrics
- Good understanding of current fashion trends
- Offshore production experience is essential
- An understanding of product development and the manufacturing processes with proven experience in the clothing industry
- Highly organised and with strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of patterns, grading and garment technician
- Strong fitting and garment construction knowledge
- Strong hand sketching skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent eye for global & national trends
- Skilled in MS Office - Excel & Word
- Skilled in Adobe Software- CAD drawing's, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Negotiate target prices
- Ability to take initiative.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Positive work ethic is essential.
- Must be available Full-time.
- 8am-4.30pm, Monday-Friday.
- Amazing clothing discounts (40% off staff discounts)
- Part of a young dynamic team with an admirable culture
- Ability to thrive, grow, be organised & creative.
- Work-life balance
- Easy public transportation available.
- Allocated on site Parking spot
- Modern Black & white Luxe Office in Bella Vista.
- Room to grow within the company
To Apply, Please Email Careers@babyboofashion.com with: your Resume & Cover Letter outlining your applicable skills and experience for this position; including a few paragraphs (approx 250 words) which showcase your ability, achievements and your greatest achievements to date.
Please include a portfolio of your work, include both your Facebook and Instagram usernames & Title subject heading “Application: Design & Production Assistant”.
Please note- Due to the high amount of applications only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications closing date is On-Going.