Garment Technician - (Full time)
Garment Technician - FULL TIME
BABYBOO is one of Australia’s largest Online fashion retailers, with its focus on growth, success & fun! We empower women, to feel & look amazing. We strive to exceed expectations, and looking for great talent to join us on global domination!
Our NEW Technical Designer/ Garment Technician will work within the Design/ Product team, & will have the exciting opportunity daily to bring an idea/ drawing, into a physical garment, from the categories of: Dresses, Jumpsuits, Playsuits, Tops, Bottoms, Swimwear. With the responsibility of ensuring each & every BABYBOO Fashion style is produced to expected standards, to remain strong quality reputation BABYBOO holds within the industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
(not be limited to)
- Complete responsibility for the entire sample process (from design sign off, through till final sample).
- Create new garment size specifications/ tech packs & grading in-line with department timelines, brand quality standards, and design requirements/ requests.
- Ensure technical drawings are correct & contain all relevant information.
- Ensure each garment produced, satisfies quality standards in terms of fit, construction, detailing and workmanship.
- Inspection and quality control of production samples, shipping samples, and bulk production.
- Coordinating & performing fittings, with fit model.
- Maintenance of Collection schedule, garment approval & tech approval packs.
- Conduct internal sample garment fittings weekly, to ensure sample garments are correct, according to the specifications submitted.
- QC the fit samples, and have the final QC approval responsibility prior to shipping.
- Directly communicate all amendments to manufacture, any changes, approvals, or updates after fitting, clearly, and concisely.
- Drive the quality & fit to ensure standards are met, and exceeded through all stages of the product life-cycle process.
- Provide recommendations to resolve potential measurement, fit, or quality issues.
- Effectively escalate issues that may impact delivery.
- Perform in weekly Product team meetings.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Must be available Full-Time (8am-4pm, Monday-Friday)
- Minimum 4 years experience within a technical designer/ garment technician role.
- Ability to drawing (by hand or digitally) is a bonus.
- Solid understanding of grading, & garment construction methods.
- Understanding of the garment production process.
- Strong quality & technical background, to inspect garments quality.
- Strong understanding & knowledge of fabrics and finishes (woven & jersey fabrics)
- Excel, Word, & Gmail.
- Ability to monitor & follow a Critical path management
- Verbal & Written skills in preferably English & Chinese/ Mandarin.
- Strong communication & problem solving skills
PERKS TO WORK AT BABYBOO:
- Work-Life balance (8am-4pm, Monday - Friday)
- Weekly pay!
- Being part of a great, close & fun team.
- Amazing clothing discounts (40% staff discounts).
- Competitive Salary (dependant upon experience) + Bonus’
- Opportunity to be part of a rapid international expansion.
- Music playing in the office.
- Working within a positive uplifting environment, with a fun & small team!
- Modern Black & White Luxe Office in Bella Vista.
- Onsite allocated parking.
- Very easy access to transport (1-minute walk to the bus stop directly outside, and/ or a 2-minute walk to the nearest train station!).
To Apply, Please Email (Careers@ Babyboofashion.com) with: Your Resume & Cover Letter outlining your applicable skills and experience for this position; including a few paragraphs, showcasing your ability, achievements & your greatest achievements to date.
Please include both your Facebook and Instagram usernames. Title subject heading “Application: Technical Designer”.
Note- You Must submit a portfolio (Attachment or Link) to be considered for the position, showing your work samples & style.